Thursday, January 3, 2008

Snowing in Newcastle!

I woke up this morning to a knocking on the door. At first, it was hard for me to realize that the knocking was on my door 1. because I was dreaming (a good one too) and 2. I had ear plugs in. Luckily, I did get up to answer it, and it was the maintenance man coming to check my shower. Let's back up a bit to explain why I was still asleep at 10:45am. Last night, after not leaving my building all day, and not getting much work done, I put in a movie. I was getting drowsy, but would not allow myself to fall asleep earlier than ten for fear of waking up in the middle of the night, wide awake. So I finished my movie, started reading, and took some sleep aid around 11. Tried to sleep. No good. Took some more sleep aid. Tried to sleep some more. No good again. I took a third dose of sleep aid, and nothing. So I finally got up, turned the light on, and started reading. I also phoned Noah, who didn't answer right away. Around 3:30am, my time, Noah called back, and we spoke for around an hour. I was still not tired. We hung up around 4:30am my time, at which time I turned out the light to attempt sleep once more. I set my alarm for 10 this morning, in hopes that by forcing myself into some sort of routine, I can have some normal sleep. Alarm goes off, can't get up. Enter maintenance man.

So I open my windows while the man is working, and there's snow on the ground! I am so excited! I check the weather, and the current forecast is snowing with thunder! So I whip out my camera to take a few pictures. Then, it actually starts snowing. Looking out one window, the snow is blowing in completely sideways. Through the other window, it is falling normally, in big, fat chunks. Too cool. After watching this for awhile, and taking a few pictures, it slowly stops snowing. By now, it is slowly melting, cause it is not cold enough to stick. The sun is also out now, which is nice. I also happened to see the guy who lives above me walking in the park with his friends, he was wearing sandals. And one of his friends was only wearing a t-shirt. I would think that especially since being from a warm climate, snow would make you want to bundle up? Just a thought.

So now I am off to hopefully run a few errands, and also to hopefully get some work done. I was told my shower is now draining fine, so we shall see...

No comments: