Sunday, March 16, 2008

Birthday Weekend and Big Trip!

Hello everyone.  Many thanks to those of you who sent me cards and birthday wishes!  It means a lot being so far away from you.  

On Thursday, Jaime made my birthday cake since we would be out on Friday.  She made a German chocolate cake, which is one of my favorites!  Rob and Jaime got me some nice hand made bath goodies, cause they know how much I love baths! 

On Friday, I had a paper due AND I had class.  Lame, I never have class on Fridays except for my birthday (of course).  The minor 1,000 word paper due was for my death class, and it was looking at wills from sixteenth century Earls Colne, a town outside London.  The assignment was a documentary commentary, so I talked about the ways in which the wills changed due to the Reformation.  I felt pretty good about it, and then after I turned it in, my friends and I headed to the pub to get a drink, and I realized that I didn't run the spell check.  Oops!  Fortunately, I am pretty sure there weren't many, if any, mistakes.  Lame nonetheless.  

The girls and Chris met us at our house before heading to the restaurant.  Alissa painted me  a painting for my birthday, which was awesome!  Aliss and Anik got me a few books, which I am so excited about.  I am going to take 'The Time Traveller's Wife' on my trip.  For dinner, my friends and I went to the tex-mex restaurant in town called the Blue Coyote.  It was ok, better than having no tex-mex.  I had a machaca chimichanga which was pretty good.  Alissa, Anik and I shared a pitcher of margaritas which were ok.  After dinner, we met up with some other friends and had a few drinks.  It was pretty low-key, but I had fun.  

Now I am getting ready for my trip.  I need to finish packing, which means take out some more crap from my bag.  I am spending the night at Alissa's because the train station is closer to her and we have to leave pretty early in the morning.  We will get to London around 12:30, and then we meet up with Alissa's sister and her two friends.  Since it is St. Patrick's Day tomorrow, we will probably hit a pub for dinner and drinks.  On Tuesday afternoon, we fly to Lisbon.  Then I won't be back until April 9th!  I don't think it has hit me that I am leaving, and for such a long time.  Nonetheless, I am excited!  Once I get back, I have to buckle down and get some work done.  Then Megan arrives here on April 18th!  Needless to say, I will have quite a busy couple of months!  

I will send out pictures when I get back into town.  I will be able to check my email periodically, and I will contact everyone when I get back!  

2 comments:

Jason Rohrblogger said...

"Alissa painted me a painting for my birthday."

How awesome is that girl? I am so thankful Alissa is around to take such good care of you!

Have a great trip. Enjoy your books! Thanks for the phone call and all the pictures! I miss me some Adrian...

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.