Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Poltergeist!

So we have a poltergeist.  So far it seems to be a friendly enough poltergeist.  Shortly after I moved in, I noticed that some shoes had moved in my room.  Very odd.  Then some things went missing.  Jamie had noticed some things like that before I moved in as well.  I have a sort of large jewelry box thing on top of my dresser that I bought at Ikea.  I keep my makeup jewelry and hair stuff in it.  Anyway, I noticed the other day that I had left one of the drawers open.  Then not much later, I noticed it was closed and I hadn't left my bed.  And finally this evening.  I started to run a bath, and it takes awhile because not a lot of water comes out of the hot tap.  So you have to basically let the hot water run for awhile to fill up the tub, then add a little cold.  Anyhow I was standing the living room with Jamie and Rob talking, and all of a sudden the water turned off.  We all looked at each other, puzzled.  So I went in, and the nob was turned all the way off.  A little bit creepy.  I must admit, I was momentarily freaked out and hesitant to take a bath.  But I can't resist baths, as some may know, so I turned the hot water again, and took a bath!  I hope it continues to be a harmless poltergeist. 

2 comments:

Jason Rohrblogger said...

I think you have a thief lurking. Watch your jewelry and your beef jerkey...

Joie said...

I think it's a packrat, but as it has an interest in water conservation, fairly benign.