Saturday, September 22, 2007

Out on the town!

So I went out last night with my new friend Alyssa, and her best friend Rachel. It was really fun and I am glad that I met some friends! We started at a pub that was a little bit on the nicer side, but beers were only 2 pounds. Then we stopped at a little place next door for some food since I hadn't really eaten all day, and the two beers I had were making me tipsy!

Then we went to an area that has a few different bars/clubs. There is some really good people watching! The Brits really like their techno, including technofied versions of popular songs. People are pretty un-selfconscious about dancing, and just bust a move by themselves, doing whatever they want! It is pretty nice. We went to two bars in the area, and the last one was playing hip-hop that you would hear in any American bar. So my new friends and I busted some fat moves as well, cause why not? We met a few creepers, or should I say, they tried to latch on to us, but that happens anywhere. There is a football match tomorrow, and this older Irish guy who was wasted kept telling us how awesome America is (they are playing the Brits tomorrow) and if it wasn't for the Americans, there would be no Britain after WWII.

By the way, the football stadium is right next to my dorm, so that should be interesting!

The girls here wear pretty skimpy clothes to go out. Many girls last night wore short shorts, and little dresses, etc. Mind you, it was pretty chilly last night. My new friends and I were overdressed (meaning too many clothes) in our jeans and shirts. But I am not going to wear short shorts in 60 degree weather! It's too cold!

Another thing that is interesting, is that there are bars on campus, since the drinking age is 18. There are at least four bars in the Student Union, one of which is a club. I stopped at the Union yesterday for a sandwich, and almost everyone there was drinking. Classes haven't started yet, so people might not drink as much during their classes, but I have a funny feeling that it won't matter :). Who knows, maybe I will learn to enjoy a pint before discussing some really long book!

I guess that's it for now! Peace.