Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pictures

Ok, so I uploaded some pictures, but I haven't figured out how to make the blog look all fancy yet. I also ended up putting them in reverse order on the blog, so the first one of my fish and chips was the last. All of these pictures were taken on Sunday, on our trip to Tynemouth. The ruins are of Tynemouth Castle and Prior, and these pictures don't even do justice to the beauty and awesomeness of the place. I hope you can get a sense however of the place. After the ruins, we walked to the nearby village of North Shields for some fish and chips, which I had to include. That is a giant piece of fried cod on top of "chips." That was also the place where ketchup cost 20 pence per packet (say that 10 times fast!) Just think, if you come to visit, Tynemouth is only a 20 minute metro ride from where I live!!! And that was the best fish and chips I ever had, so you could experience that too. TTFN!

1 comment:

AuntT said...

I stumbled onto your page and just wanted to let you know that I went to England in 2001 to study Shakespeare for three weeks. I was seven days in London and 14 in Stratford, and it was one of the best times of my life. I missed my boyfriend and family, but nothing can replace that time or those people I met. It was difficult and lovely.