Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Earthquake!

Last night there was an earthquake in England.  It happened around 1 in the morning.  I was going to bed around that time and I heard it.  The metro runs under our house, so we can hear the trains when they go underground.  They stop around 11:30 each night.  Around 1 while I am lying in bed, I heard a train.  I thought it was funny because they usually stop before then, but I thought maybe they were just moving one train or something.  Come to find out this morning that it was an earthquake!  It was around a 5.2 on the Richter Scale.  Apparently it was felt up into Scotland, and all the way to the Netherlands!  Crazy!  So now I can say that I have been in an earthquake in England...for more info: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7266136.stm
I just learned that it was England's biggest earthquake in 25 years!  I am now part of history.  :)

1 comment:

Jason Rohrblogger said...

"it was felt up into Scotland, and all the way to the Netherlands!"

I hate when I'm felt up into Scotland all the way to my Netherlands!