Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Excited!

I don't know if I have mentioned to anyone that some classmates of mine and I are planning a trip to walk Hadrian's Wall.  We had a preliminary meeting last night to try to figure out some of the logistics of the large group.  For those of you who don't know, the Roman emperor Hadrian built a wall in 122 AD in northern England to seperate Roman territory from that of the Picts in the north.  See:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadrian's_Wall  for more information.  So this wall stretches basically from coast to coast in the north of England.  In June, a bunch of us are going to walk the length of the wall/England from coast to coast.  It will take around 6 days, walking 15 miles per day.  We plan to camp at night, and there are a few campsites that have barns that people can stay in.  Very cool.  We will take the train back from Carlisle after we have finished.  I am super excited about the trip.  We are going to have t-shirts made (I know you're jealous!) and potentially each have Roman names.  Gonna have to get some excercise in so that I don't suffer needlessly on the trip.  It should be a relatively easy walk in most places, but we will be carrying backpacks with all of our stuff in them, and we will be walking everyday for almost a week.  Doesn't matter, my enthusiasm will overshadow any doubts!  

1 comment:

Jason Rohrblogger said...

WOW! This totally sounds wonderful! Could I BE more jealous of your awesome life right now? It's a good thing I'm not going on this hike because I would want to give everyone their Roman names. And you know they would all be appropriate for polite company. My Roman name? Faggotus Porki...