Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Feeling a bit down

So I think I am doing an excellent job of staying positive, optimistic and happy. Monday was a gorgeous day, and most of the day was sunny yesterday too. I woke up yesterday with a bit of a sore throat, but felt fine otherwise. I had a meeting with one of my professors, and that went well, and got me excited about his module (class). I then had my first class on basically the history of history. That professor was really engaging, and I think I will enjoy his class. Although there were a couple more books on his reading list that are boxed up back home :(
It started to get chilly in the afternoon, and I am trying to fight off sickness, so I thought it best to head back to my room. I did a little reading, watched a movie, and then checked my email. My mom wrote that my cat Blackie hasn't come home since Sunday night, what a bummer! I was really sad, and it's hard not being home, especially not being around loved ones who I look too when I am sad. So then I decided to look through all the pictures on my computer, and watch another movie. I am worried about my mom and sister, because I think it is harder for them back home, I am sad, but I can't do anything being in a different country.

Today I slept in, because that is my way of dealing with the thought of getting sick. I woke up feeling all right, my throat is still a little sore, but I feel fine otherwise. I hope this passes before the weekend. My grandma is having back surgery today, so I am a little worried about that. I sent my mom an email about my cat, so I hope things are OK on that front. I haven't ventured outside yet, I don't have class till 4. It looks a bit dreary out, which matches my mood. It isn't raining, but it might this afternoon. I have been cleaning and organizing my room, and also going through the brochures and pamphlets that I have accumulated. I am planning to go to Edinburgh in a couple weekends for the whole weekend with Alissa. While there I hope to see my old roommate Katie, and my friend at St. Andrews, Liz. We are hoping to book our travel plans this week. However, I checked my bank account, and only have $60. That is only 30 pounds, so that depresses me a lot! If I haven't heard about my loans by tomorrow, I think I will make a trip to the financial aid office to pester them. They deposited the loan checks on Friday, and so it shouldn't take too long to take out the tuition fees, and then give me the rest. I got a threatening email from the accommodation office because I haven't set up the direct debit to pay for my room yet. My way of dealing with that is to block it out, at least until tomorrow when I will hopefully have more info on my money situation. I have been taking my fish oil and Holy Basil to alleviate anxiety and stress, and it has been working, but I fear that soon it won't!

On a more positive note, I am really excited about my classes, and feel invigorated to be pursuing my education. After class tonight, there is a faculty drink reception, so that should be nice. I don't have class tomorrow, actually I don't have class till next Tuesday after today! I will probably spend tomorrow reading for class. I need to run errands and pick up some essentials, and tomorrow would be perfect...except no money! I did get my first piece of mail today, from my new British bank, talking about banking online. I am blocking that out till I get money too. Well one thing is for sure, this will truly be a character building experience!

3 comments:

Jason Rohrblogger said...

Blackie misses you so much that he has left to try to find you! Poor Blackie. Your money situation will work itself out. It's never fast enough but you'll be okay.

My thoughts are with your grandma and her back surgery...

The Wombat said...

Hey adrian... It's Marty, I've been reading your blog. Here I am wallowing in self-pity all this time and you have been having this great and sometimes terrible adventure. So... Then while I'm reading it, it reminds me how depressed *I* am, so I'm crying like a freaking idiot while reading about both good and bad things.

Strange how things work. I have stories to tell you too. I want to come live in your dorm room.

Anonymous said...

Resim
Oyun
Oyun
Oyunu
Oyunlar
minikperi
oyun indir
oyna
Oyun indir
Oyun oyna
Kraloyun
minikperi
Barbie
Oyunlar
Oyunlife
Sevgi
Sevgili
Şiir
Aşk
Sohbet
Firma
Firmalar Rehberi
Şirket
Sektör
Toplu Email
Toplu Eposta
Reklam
Toplu Email
Toplu Eposta
Democrat
Vip
Tutorial
Web Design
Video
Antique
youtube
watch
giydirme
sue
sue
giydirme
Firma
Firmalar Rehberi
Şirket
Sektör
firma ekle
firma ekle