Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Further Update on the Money

It's amazing how getting the news that my money is here makes me want to go out and spend some! And it is truly an uplifting feeling, being somewhat financially secure (or so I think). It's hard to realize how debilitating it is when waiting for money, or not having any, like I have been experiencing for the last two weeks! I just want to yell AHHHHHH really loud in relief. So I got ready, organized a couple of things, and then left my room. I had been hanging out in there a lot lately due to illness and lack of motivation because I had no money. Not a good way to live!

Walking to the finance office today, I had a spring in my step. It was sunny out and relatively warm. I had "the sun will come out, tomorrow" in my head for some reason. I went in and spoke with the woman I have been dealing with (who was very nice, even after my nasty email) and gave her my bank information. She said she would try to put an emergency transfer in to my bank account, so the money would be there this afternoon. She said she had to ask her supervisor, but that she would call me to let me know either way. If the money couldn't be transferred immediately, she said, it could still take a couple days to enter my account! When I stepped outside, it was no longer sunny and the spring had gone a bit from my step, but I still felt relatively good.

Then I went to the computer reserved for post-graduates in the history building to get some reading done. I then started to worry if I would have enough money, once the money entered my account!! I am also concerned that they didn't include my scholarship when taking out the tuition, so I fear that I might have to start a quarrel over that as well. I was reading in the computer cluster, awaiting the telephone call that would tell me whether I would have my money today...or not. It didn't come. I had class at 4, and turned off my phone.

I met Alissa after class and we got cheap Chinese food. I realized today, although I feel much better, I am still a little stuffed up, and my head is a little cloudy. I also have fluorescent snot! Which indicates to me that I might have a sinus infection. Awesome. I will call my doctor tomorrow to see if I can get in, thank god for free British health care! After dinner, Alissa and I wanted ice cream. So we walked to the grocery store, and literally stood drooling looking at the ice cream for like 5 minutes. We finally picked our treats, and headed home. We then attempted to buy our train tickets for Edinburgh in two weeks, but that was a bit of a pain. I didn't want to commit right away, due to money issues. So I came back to my room, and checked my email. Yes! I had an email from the finance office that the money would be in my account sometime tomorrow! I guess it really does pay to complain a lot and be a bit nasty to get what you need. Now I will email Sallie Mae and the university every couple of days so that my private loan moves along as well! I am not above being a nag at this point! I also emailed a couple women about my scholarship, so I hope to hear about that tomorrow.

This weekend Alissa, Rob, Jamie and I plan to go to York for a day. It should be pretty awesome. The following weekend, I am going to meet Alissa in Edinburgh, and we are staying for the whole weekend. We are going to stay in a hostel, which I have never done before, so it should be an experience! I will send lots of pictures of all my adventures, and of course keep you updated!

Love you all!

No comments: