Saturday, October 6, 2007

Friday night

So I literally did not leave my room all day yesterday. I briefly went up to my kitchen, ate some breakfast/lunch and that was it. I read all day, took a nap, and read some more. It was pretty awesome. I felt very congested yesterday, the worst day by far, so I figured it best to just stay in my room. However, around 8:30 I took a shower, to feel like a human being, and shortly afterwards Alissa texted me to come over to her room, and then get a drink. I said no at first, since I was sick, blah, blah, blah, and that we should hang out tomorrow. But she convinced me to just have one drink, so I agreed, and it was nice to get out. We met up with a girl in her program named Lisa from Dundee, Scotland. She has the most adorable accent and is super friendly. We went to this bar called Hoki 10, which was actually really cool. It was two floors, and upstairs there were little booth-like areas in the walls that had cushions all around. They were nice and cozy, and I thought a nice touch. The drinks weren't too expensive either. Of course they played loud techno and re-mix music, but it wasn't so bad. I had one drink, but still felt very congested and with a headache to boot, so I decided to go home. Alissa was also ready to retire, so we walked back to our building. It was almost midnight, and I wasn't that tired, but I knew I would get in bed right away, and at least read for a little bit. And to my immense joy, my neighbors had guests over and were REALLY loud for the second night in a row! I have no idea what they do in their tiny little rooms, but it seriously sounds like there are at least 10 people in there. The last two nights, the guests didn't leave till about 2 am. The guy that lives above me also frequently has guests, and for some reason, I can hear everything. I can hear the toilet flush, the shower run, walking, talking...which I think I have mostly gotten used to. But the neighbors right next to me is a new development that I will attempt to get used to also. The problem is that my bed is right against the wall that we share, so it's pretty loud. I think during the week, quiet time is supposed to be in effect at 11pm and maybe midnight on the weekends. I guess I have no reason to complain, since I won't have to get up early for the most part this semester. And that's what happens when you live in a dorm. I sometimes feel 18 again, even though I never lived in a dorm when I was 18! I guess it is a little odd to me too, since I would rather meet friends at a pub, rather than have multiple people in my little room. Not that I mind having people in my room, I just don't plan to have any parties here.

However, I feel much better today. I am nowhere near as congested as yesterday, and my head doesn't hurt. Looks like my rest paid off! Although I did lay in my bed reading for a couple of hours, and at one point got nauseous and threw up which kind of sucked. So I finally took a shower and ate some lunch, and feel like a real person again. I am trying to motivate myself to go out and enjoy the day. I just got a message from Rob inviting me to tea, so I might just join them. Hopefully I will have more cool pictures to post soon. I am off to embrace the day!

1 comment:

Jason Rohrblogger said...

Glad you are feeling better!