Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Victory!

I am feeling very victorious this morning since I have received word that my funds are here, and if I go into the office, they will arrange a direct payment into my British bank account by this afternoon. However, I did have to get a bit nasty, and make a few minor threats, and tell a faculty member in my department the situation. I dislike having to do things like that, but come on, I have been told once a week for three weeks now that my money will be here "next week for sure." It is not in my nature to be mean and threatening, but a girl's got to get paid! I said that I would not recommend this university to anyone in the states due to the financial mess! Well, if it works, then I am not complaining. So I guess she wasn't lying when she told me on Thursday that the funds would be here by today, however it seems fishy to me that she wouldn't respond to my other emails this week, until I got a little nasty in one today. And then the funds are magically already here! But I am done with thinking and worrying about it, because I am victorious! I will now do a little victory dance in my room like football players do when they score a touchdown! It will be pretty sweet I am sure!

1 comment:

Jason Rohrblogger said...

Ha! I can picture your victory dance...