Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tuesday

Today was a good day. I woke up to a fire drill in my building at 7:30am. It takes me back to a time when I was ten, and had to do fire drills at my school regularly. It was pretty awesome. We have to be out of our building within 5 minutes, or they will make regular fire drills till we get it perfect. So we all stood outside half awake in our pajamas for 15 minutes!

I had class today, so some classmates and I meet every Tuesday before class to discuss the readings. Between our meetings and class we have a two hour break. I ran to the bank to transfer money into my American account, which was surprisingly easy. Then I met up with some classmates and got a quick bite to eat. Today, I felt adventurous, and decided I should start trying things that are typically British, but that I view as "weird." So I had a tuna mayonnaise sandwich. My British classmate Tom really likes Prawn cocktail potato chips, so I tried those as well. Not bad. He also had a Lion bar, which is a candy bar, and shared some with me. I am opening my mind!

Class was good. I really like being in class talking about scholarly stuff (that sounds smart, huh). But I do feel really good doing my reading and attending classes, so I know that I am in the right place.

After class, I ran into Alissa, and we decided to make dinner. We had to stop at the store to get pasta sauce for the pasta I have. We stopped at Marks and Spencer, which is a high end grocery store, clothing store, and other stuff all in one. I had not been in before, because I was afraid of the "high-end" prices. They actually weren't too bad, and they had lots of neat stuff. So I picked up a few things to last me the week, that I know will be delicious! I also bought roast beef and horseradish flavored potato crisps. I am getting fancy!

I came home, and picked up my mail. I got a card from Jason, and a package from my aunt Beth. Yay!!! I was so excited, and know I am loved :) Jason will actually be here in a few weeks, and I am so excited to see someone from home! Anyway I came upstairs to put my groceries away, and tooled around a bit on the computer before I go to cook. I had a myspace message from an old boyfriend, so I replied, and did some looking around. My friend TJ got married this weekend in Denver, and I obviously couldn't go. I have been pretty sad about it, but not as sad as I was to see some pictures of the wedding on his myspace. I started crying really hard. Don't really know why, except that I really wanted to be there. I haven't even met his wife yet, and I feel left out :( I know it will pass, but I was sad that I couldn't go to Cindy's wedding too, and cried at her pictures as well! Oh well, I am just an emotional lady :) So now I am off to cook dinner for Alissa and myself. She just booked a ghost tour for us for this weekend in Edinburgh. Yay!

I am sitting at my desk, and a red Jetta just drove by my window! Funny coincidence. I have also seen a few WRX's, which as Noah tells me are bad ass cars. Most cars are little British or European cars, but every now and then I see something different...Ok, now I am rambling, so I am off. Love you all!

2 comments:

Jason Rohrblogger said...

Yea! You got my card! There's more stuff coming for you, but it probably won't be there for awhile. Prawn crisps, eh? I'll stick with my beef jerky...

Unknown said...

you never know, you may come to the second wedding....if i ever trust men again!